Dryer Vent Cleaning
The importance of cleaning your dryer vent can never be over emphasized.
- Clogged dryer vents are the main cause of dryer breakdowns. Your dryer’s ability to exhaust heat and moisture is likewise affected if your dryer vents are clogged. This leads to longer drying times which in turn translates to bigger energy bills. What is the worst consequence?
- Your dryer becomes a fire hazard. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there are more than 15,000 fires sparked every year caused by improperly maintained dryer vents.
- Carbon monoxide can leak into the home if the vent of a gas dryer becomes clogged with lint, the appliance is not being ventilated properly.
Dryer fires, carbon monoxide poisoning and higher energy costs can be prevented if a homeowner takes the necessary precautionary measures.
Clothes Dryer Hazards
The most common cause of household appliance fires is clogged clothes dryer vents. Since clothes dryers generally are placed in out-of-the-way parts of the home, their maintenance is easy to forget about. Just look in back of your dryer and you will see lint on the floor and floating around the vent pipe.
Here is how it happens:
- Lint Builds Up In The Dryer Vent Pipe
- Lint Build Up Causes Reduced Airflow Through The Partially Clogged Pipe
- Hot Air Gets Trapped In The Pipe
- Trapped Lint Begins Baking
- Lint Reaches Ignition Point and Fire Begins
Firefighters recommend cleaning your clothes dryer vents once a year. Normally, it takes about an hour, and costs a little over $100. Well worth it for your peace of mind.
- Protect Your Family and House
- Lower Your Utility Bills
- Improve Air Quality in Your Home
So do not delay... call us today and schedule an appointment